this is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Huggies® and Latina Bloggers Connect.
Baby showers are one of my favorite events to attend. The excitement during the shower and of course all the adorable gifts. I've been asked by some mommy friends "what worked for you? What don't I need?" To be honest everyone is different and will give you different answers. It's important to create a registry that will help get you the necessities that will work for your family!
How to create the perfect registry:
1) Ask Other Moms what worked for them. Honestly, asking around is what is going to set you up for picking the best and most effective products for your baby. Get more then just one opinion. I love my aunts but they had their kids decades ago, what worked for them. Although it did not always apply to me. I took their council and made sure to ask around the recent moms.
2) Return Policy. I was pretty bummed when I went to return a few items to a big brand store. I walked confident that I would receive full store credit for the items. Yeah not so much, they were only willing to credit me 30% back what the item was worth with out a recipt. Most of my gifts came with no "gift recipt" or I misplaced from the organizing of the gifts. Some stores will give you back full credit if returned close to when it was purchased.
3) Go Viral. Set up an online registry with the comfort from ordering from home from different stores. Sync your gift registries you already have. You can also register for cash gifts. check out myregistry.com While there are a growing number of services you can use to build your list, one of the newest, funnest, and most flexible sites is BabyList and it’s positively brilliant. BabyList lets you add items from any website (big, small, local, Etsy.com) and add “non-store” things like home-cooked meals, babysitting, doulas…anything!
4) Contact Person. You read right, a contact person. This person is usually your bff, sister or mother. Someone to answer any gift questions. Why is it important to have the "contact person"... your guest and or family members can ask them what you really want. I've seen it done twice and I thought it was brilliant. Instead of you, mommy to be telling them; "I really want that stroller" the contact person can hint and sway them in the correct direction. List it on the invitation or spread the word. Believe me it works.
5) Have fun You are shopping for your bundle of joy, don't be afraid to pick the good stuff. coordinate and design the nursery and grab the essentials.
6) Skip on clothes best advice given to me. don't add clothes to the registry. Register for the necessities and stock up on them.
7) Diapers are Gold! Register for them, stock up and invite your guest to join a raffle by bringing a pack of diapers. My go too diapers for new borns are Huggies® Little Snugglers Diapers*
- Features include:
- New GentleAbsorb* Liner to provide a cushiony layer of protection with hundreds of tiny absorbent pillows to help draw mess away from your baby’s delicate newborn skin
- Cottony-soft inside and out to help keep new baby comfy
- My Fave: Wetness indicator lets you know when it’s time to change
- Reason I chose little snugglers: Umbilical cord cut-out to help protect sensitive belly buttons (newborn only)
- Flexible, pocketed waistband to help keep in mess
- Unique stretchy SnugFit* Waistband provides a gentle, secure fit
For Wipes keep delicate skin a soft, sensitive clean with Huggies® Natural Care Wipes
- Features include:
- Our simplest formula ever for a gentle clean
- Triple Clean* Layers - strong, soft and absorbent layers that are gentle on baby’s skin, yet thick enough to clean the mess
- Aloe & Vitamin E
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance free and alcohol free
Try the unbeatable skin care of Huggies Little Snugglers and Natural Care Wipes yourself by visiting Huggies.com/SampleHug (huggies.com/Panaldemuestra)for a free sample. Add Huggies Little Snugglers and Natural Care Wipes to your baby registry and enter for the chance to make your dream registry wish come true by visiting Huggies.com/RegisterWish! (huggies.com/Mesaderegalossonada)
This past weekend I was invited to attend a fellow bloggers Elba (from livecolorful.com) adorable shower! here are some images captured that day